I found a napkin this morning with some good words on them. I, unfortunately, do not know who spoke them so my apologies for the lack of attribution. Here are the notes:
In order to minister holistically in a fallen world…
1) You need a transcendent vision from God. … You must believe change is possible. … You have to have a vision that goes beyond captivity.
2) The vision must come in the midst of concrete historical reality. … It has to speak to your situation. … Context is the interrelated connections.
3) Prophetic integrity. … Sometimes you need to speak from the perspective of God to the structures of society.
4) Incarnational. … Ezekiel 3:13
5) Paradox in ministry (and I have no idea what this was about)
End of napkin. If anyone knows who is the source, please let me and anyone else who sees this know.